google.com, pub-1996401214588839, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 血液型別オンナが結婚する方法♪ ~ Asian Drama Queen

The Queen of Asian Drama is Back with more Irreverent Reviews and Snarky Commentary.

Monday, June 28, 2010

血液型別オンナが結婚する方法♪

Ketsuekigata Betsu Onna ga Kekkon Suru Houhou




Going in, I had the impression the writer would try to make us believe that ones blood type dictates social behavior and personality.

Coming away from this 4-part story about a girl's attempts at love based on the four, different blood types, I'm left to wonder if the goal wasn't somehow debunked on purpose.

Four, different actresses portrayed a girl with the same name Sachie, and based on the four, different blood types: A, B, AB, and O - we watch as each story unfolds with circumstances dictated entirely on her blood type personality.

Where the confusion lies is in the fact that the writer purposely forced each character to have to CHANGE that dictated personality in order to succeed at winning the heart of the man she pursued in order to gain the golden prize (marriage).

Secondly, I have absolutely no idea what my blood type is, yet I saw a little of my own personality in all four characters - so, does that mean I have all, four blood types running through my veins?

Yes, I think its superstitious nonsense and firmly believe that environment, social status, and family (even religious beliefs) have everything to do with how a person turns out personality-wise.

Still, horoscopes and astrological signs fascinate the hell out of me, so this blood-type phenomenon intrigued me as well and made me want to watch.

The first story was A-type, and apparently, these are girls who are mousy, fastidious, thrifty, and dedicated, yet they are also doormats, introverts, and too meek to get what they really want.

I'm nothing like the first part of the description, but can relate entirely to the latter.

A-type Sachie had to turn into a B-type personality in order to get the attention of her heart's desire, which ended up in predictable disaster and forced her to go back to being a mousy A-type again, but HECK! Dude wanted an A-type all along, so she won!

The second story was B-type Sachie, headstrong, independent, successful, and oblivious while also being sensitive and able to bounce back quicker than most in the face of adversity or failure.

This was the only blood type I couldn't relate to as much, yet it said that B-types tend not to hear what they don't want to or choose not to hear - and that's me! They also latch onto things and have a hard time letting go even if its not the right thing - and that's me, too!

I liked the love story for this type, though.

Now, the O-type Sachie had me fooled at the beginning - she was a daydreamer, a slob, flighty, and inconsistent - which is me all the way.

However - all it took for her to change was the advice of a friend and she transformed into everything the guy she was ... well, she wasn't 'after' him ... just intrigued and somewhat upset by his constantly putting her down ... so, she learned how to speak Mandarin, changed her bohemian attire, and learned everything there was to know about the furniture she sold.

NOT!

It was like she went from an O to a B, which made no sense - and she stayed that way, too.

She ended up having more confidence and drive than the B-type is supposed to be born with, so isn't this just more proof of the fact that saying blood type dictates is entirely false??

Weren't Sachie's 'friends' more of an influence on her behavior than anything else?

Which brings us to the 'environment' theory, which has more validity imho.

The last Sachie had blood type AB, and I couldn't see much of a difference between her and B, so I got really confused and just watched the story unfold.

She was a young student studying science (maybe AB's are smart?), and was oblivious to the attention of her male counterparts (self-absorbed?), and had a nasty habit of speaking her mind regardless of her surroundings or people's feelings (mean?)

I know my mother is an AB, and she is NOTHING like the girl portrayed in this story; well, except for the speaking her mind part, I guess - but, I think a lot of mother's do that.

Whatever ~

I'm more confused now than I was before I watched this 4-part movie, and am still inclined to believe that blood-type has absolutely nothing to do with ones personality.

It was a fun watch, though, and I recommend it if you have some time to kill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Be Nice