google.com, pub-1996401214588839, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Ong-Bak 2 ~ Asian Drama Queen

The Queen of Asian Drama is Back with more Irreverent Reviews and Snarky Commentary.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Ong-Bak 2




2008 Thailand movie that stars Tony Jaa as Tian, a young boy who witnesses the brutal massacre of his wealthy family.

He ends up escaping, but is soon captured by a ruthless trader who intends to sell him on the slave market.

Tian is furious about what he saw back at home, and when he's given the chance to fight for his freedom, he does so with gusto, panache, and mad fight skills.

A guy witnessing the show takes him in and trains him in just about every form of martial arts known to man.

Tian grows up with the hatred still in his heart and a desire to avenge his family, but when the chance finally comes for him to accomplish that goal, he is met with a ton of brutal sh*t at every turn.

I'm not paying for online anything, so I didn't get to see the first Ong-Bak, and the third installment is totally screwed up at aznv.tv (it's labeled as 3, but it's actually Tom Yum Goong).

The hype over the first movie made me curious, so I watched 2 for free, and while it was an interesting story with some spectacular moves here & there, I'm left to wonder if I missed out on something amazing, or if everyone over reacted to the first movie, I don't know.

Still, I recommend giving Ong-Bak 2 a try, and if you're lucky enough to have seen Ong-Bak, tell me if I did miss anything totally amazing, ok?

0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Be Nice