google.com, pub-1996401214588839, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 ~ Asian Drama Queen

The Queen of Asian Drama is Back with more Irreverent Reviews and Snarky Commentary.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

미안하다, 사랑한다 / Mianhada, Saranghanda
SORRY, I LOVE YOU





It's been four years since this drama aired, and I finally watched it on Mysoju. As with a majority of Korean dramas, I am now emotionally and physically DRAINED.



Yes darling ... that's exactly how I felt after watching Mianhada, Saranghanda!

I also wish that I possessed the courage to submit my OWN writings to KBS.
For the most part, this was a good story. It had it's moments, and to be totally honest, even if it was the worst drama on record, I probably still would have enjoyed it because of all the time that I got to spend staring at Ajushi SO!

I wish, too, that I could figure out a way to get a job typing SUBTITLES for a living!!! Aissh, what a pain in the ass trying to read some of the garbled MESS on those videos!

Why does everybody always have to DIE? Why can't there just be romance for romance's sake? Why can't a boy meet a girl, or vice versa, who go though more ROUTINE situations, and of course, spice it up with some INTERESTING drama along the way? Why can't there be more kissing and sex? And, for crying out loud, why must there always be a MESSAGE imbued in these things?

Pre-marital sex is bad unless you're hot, rich, and famous. Parents and adults in general are evil people with wicked, naughty pasts. Life sucks, and then you die; but before you do, you at least get to spend some time in the shadow of someone a lot BETTER than you will ever hope to be.

What does it all mean, anyway?

Forgive me for saying this, but I sometimes get the feeling that the writers AND producers truly believe (and maybe it's true over there, in Asia) that girls actually want, believe, and crave stories as far-fetched and heart-wrenching as Sorry, I Love You.

It was a long, drawn-out show as predictable as the seasons, but because it starred So Ji Sup, I did not care. He IS a paradox for me, though. When I see him in print, he seems so ... MANly, tough-guy, and unaffected by his stardom, too. In the dramas that he stars in though, I tend to get a different image of him. It's harder to explain than it is for me to comprehend. I want back the tall, muscular guy with the sexy, long hair and mature facial features. I know he had to do time with military service, but ... PLEASE grow your hair back? Maybe LONGER than it was before it had to come off?

I wish to see him in all his glory again, the way that I wish they would rebuild the Twin Towers in NYC, exactly the same, but TALLER this time.



Ajushi SO, I really, truly dig you, and I can't WAIT to see more of your stuff: regardless of the content, or how awful the script might be. You are too good for the sappy parts that your manager brings to your attention!

Next is U-Turn, and I hope your bad-ass, no-nonsense image shines through this time!
0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Be Nice