google.com, pub-1996401214588839, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Jumong ~ The Book of Three Han ~ Asian Drama Queen

The Queen of Asian Drama is Back with more Irreverent Reviews and Snarky Commentary.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jumong ~ The Book of Three Han

삼한지-주몽 편 (三韓志-朱蒙篇) / Samhanji-Jumong Pyeon




The first time that I ever saw Song Il-Koo was when I watched Sea God (Emperor of the Sea). DAMN was I impressed! He's really incredible to look at, to listen to, and to DREAM about.



So, when I heard about Jumong, I bought the entire DVD set and waited anxiously for it to arrive. I promised myself not to compare it with Sea God, and I swore to enjoy Jumong as much as I did Emperor, too. I knew that I had to reserve judgment until the very end, but I'm sorry ... half-way through Jumong, I grew increasingly disappointed. I spent good money on a mediocre story, and that made me sad. I should have bought my own DVD of Emperor instead.

Jumong had it's good points, and the story was interesting, but I should have watched it PRIOR to Emperor of the Sea and not AFTER. Jumong was cool, and Hamosu was as bad-ass as they come. Whenever anyone says that Korean dramas tend to repeat themselves within a story, JUMONG must be what they are talking about. Sigh.

Let's look at more pictures, shall we?





The ending pissed me off the most. A majority of the second-half of this 81-episode drama was about Jumong's pathetic wife having to survive in order to save their son. We see her try to escape the palace numerous times, until she eventually succeeds. Then, during the last, few episodes, the boy has grown to a young man, and his mother is deathly ill. THE END!

WTF???

I know that Kingdom of the Wind is the sequel to Jumong, and that it's about Jumong's son's life. I hope to see it some day, but I won't waste my money on the DVDs, that's for sure. How could they end such an epic piece the way that they did? Who gives a flying f*^# about Sosunna leaving with her sons to live in the south of Korea?? Jumong appeared to be larger than life a majority of this drama, and then ... he just dies? Wait, he didn't die, it was just mentioned at the end of the drama. I'm still shaking my head in dismay MONTHS after having watched.

1

1 comment:

  1. good work..nice blog download asian music =>> http://asian-drama-krkr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Be Nice