google.com, pub-1996401214588839, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 커피프린스 1호점 / The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince ~ Asian Drama Queen

The Queen of Asian Drama is Back with more Irreverent Reviews and Snarky Commentary.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

커피프린스 1호점 / The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince




First, let me begin by saying that the leading man, Gong Yoo, is not that bad an actor. As far as his LOOKS go ... eh! He's not ugly, and I don't think that he's particularly handsome, either. As with most Korean dramas, if the show is hot, then it means the little girls are going to fall for the leading man REGARDLESS.

Maybe I've got that backwards, who knows. For me, if the GUY is hot, then I'm going to watch the drama REGARDLESS of the content. And since no one thinks like me, it stands to reason that ... whatever.

Unfortunately for Oppa Gong, Lee Sun Gyun (1,000 Years of Love) captured my immediate attention the minute that he opened his mouth and I heard that deep, syrupy voice (sexy). And then, when Kim Jae Wook (the pancake guy) showed up, it was over for me!



Since this is about television, and drama at that, my shallow, sucker-for-a-pretty-face mentality is to be expected. It's not like I watch these things to LEARN anything, or come away feeling smarter for having viewed.

Now, with regards to the story, First Love of a Coffee Prince did not impress me much, and I still feel a bit cheated with the way that it ended. Still, I give the writers high marks for their brilliant decision to include middle-aged romance in the plot.

I know that it's fantasy, but after watching these shows for so many years, I've developed some pretty, unrealistic views about the Korean way of life! To me, it seems that anyone over the age of 25 is entirely useless!

Let's hope, for those of us past our prime, that it is not true at all.


0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Be Nice